Sunday, July 24, 2016

March Twentieth 2016’s Episode

With Elementary posed to start airing after this show, I could wind up creating a blog about it. But since I never had to create a blog about Battle Creek, then I’m not sure I’ll have to create an Elementary one, at least not yet. Maybe I would in future seasons if it gets renewed and stays at the same time slot it is at now. It seems more likely to get more seasons now than Battle Creek did. But it is possible that a sudden ratings drop can happen to it.

With the movies, I watched The Fugitive with commentary and replaced that on the list. I also watched Finding Nemo and it remains on the list so I can watch it later with commentary. I watched less movies than usual due to a crowded church service leading me to go on Saturday and not watching a movie on that day of the week. 

There were things that I was doing the day this aired so I recorded it on VHS. Now I didn’t know what the delay would be (I knew that there would be a delay due to March Madness), but I was able to get a good sense of when to record it and everything worked out well with the recordings.

Today’s episode is brought to you by 35 minute delay. I’m blogging about this later than usual. It turns out that this will be the last time that this show will be affected by tape delay. Let’s have a 35 minute moment of silence. Actually, let’s not do that. I can never remember the silence anyways. We begin with a series of moments shown in the life of a black man and his daughter. She is killed in some sort of shooting. There are issues now about guns and a billboard. I don’t fully understand what is going on. Alicia gets a call from Eli updating her on more of the grand jury trial. The judge decides that the billboard is defamatory and wants damaged paid. The issue of whether or not to invoke spousal privilege in the grand jury case is brought up. Grace is accused of plagiarism. They sure are putting a lot in this episode.

Act two has Diane’s firm countersuing as they cannot see any losses suffered by the person they are against in their court. Alicia sees Jason kissing (possibly at least) some woman at a function of some sort that he is at. Is it really what it seems?

Act three has Alicia talking to Lucca about what she saw. Jason learns what might be considered plagiarism and that it could just be a common phrase that is flagged. Jason also helps Diane with her case finding that other businesses were affected. The judge mentions a chicken and egg problem regarding causality. He must not realize that the chicken came first. Lucca confronts Jason about the woman from earlier. Alicia is brought against the grand jury and she decides not to invoke spousal privilege as she is playing them at Eli’s request. The lawyer there suspects something is up, but isn’t able to prove anything concrete.

Act four has more of the case of Diane’s which seems to have some leeway that is being fought against by the prosecutor. There are problems with the grand jury proceedings and Eli isn’t able to listen to them as someone is cleaning the spy bathroom. The line that was said to be plagiarized is from the Sermon on the Mount. Should there have been quotation marks and a source cited? Why wouldn’t Grace have mentioned this before? Alicia and Jason seem to reconcile, over what, I can’t really tell.

Act five is when Alicia has the idea to bring a class action suit against the college people due to the program that there were using. Grace decides to go into the law as college. The judge sort of works in favor of Diane’s side by saying only if the sign remains in the future can it be fined and it will only be fined by ten cents a day. I’m not even sure if I understand what the problem was with Jason and Alicia or why he was kissing someone. But it looks like everything is resolved for now.


On the next Good Wife, people want to take down Peter Florick. Eli is looking for help with stuff. Of course, you will find out more about this later in episodes I’ve already blogged about. There are two more episodes left of the show for me in the future. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment