Sunday, September 4, 2016

May Eighth 2016’s Episode

The reason that I started reading Noel Kirkpatrick’s reviews of The Good Wife at tv.com is because I was looking for a potential replacement to this blog, in case I ever needed one. Well, he admitted that he hasn’t really liked this show since the fifth season and has been hate watching it towards the end. I don’t understand hate watching. That seems like the stupidest viewing habit of any person. If I don’t like a show, I won’t watch it. That’s why I no longer tune into The 100. These people actually have the gall to complain when bad shows return for future seasons. Why are you watching a show you want to get cancelled? Do you not understand how ratings work?

As for Noel, he seems to point out a single moment of an episode and post three paragraphs as to why that moment proves the episode is bad. At least his posts are short, but then he lingers on too many stupid moments most people probably wouldn’t care about. Well, I don’t read the comments so maybe other people have his mindset. I’m not entirely sure why I still read his posts, but I will ride it out to the end. I guess I was just hoping it would actually be good reviews for a while. I wish that an actual fan could have been reviewing the show this season. Based on the reviews that are typically at the site, I probably shouldn’t ever read any of them since they are far too negative most of the time.

Here is the last movie watching update that I’ll be doing in this blog. I might put this back in my Survivor blog in the future or I might stop doing it entirely. Of course, if there’s ever a new blog of mine, I’ll probably just do the updates there. What show will replace The Good Wife in the 9/8 Central time slot on Sunday? Will it be a new or existing show? I will probably mention what show replaces this one and it could be a potential new blog. Considering how this show replaced Without a Trace, you do have to wonder where they might go with a replacement for this one. They could go with two comedies.

Anyways, as for the final movie update, I watched Rat Race and replaced it on the list. I doubt that I would be able to watch anything on Mother’s Day weekend and I was right. I was not able to finish watching all of their movies just yet. The leaves the following choices still on the lists: the Indiana Jones series (of which they gave me just Raiders of the Lost Ark, although I now have all four movies on DVD), the Devil Wears Prada (with commentary), Rush Hour series (with commentary, although they only gave me the first two and not the third Rush Hour), American Dreamz, The Ghost Writer, and the Best Years of Our Lives.

The choices of theirs for me to watch that haven’t been added to any list yet are Adventures in Babysitting, Blast from the Past, Hancock (one I’ve seen before), Invictus (one I’ve seen before), Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, North by Northwest, Run Fatboy Run, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, and Vantage Point (one I’ve seen before). I haven’t seen the movies that don’t have a note next to them on this waiting list. On the list I’m rolling from, I’ve already seen the ones I’ll watch again with commentary and the Indiana Jones series, but not the others just yet. I normally like what I see even though I’ve never seen or even heard of some of these movies before. Now I’m not sure if I’m done updating you on movies just yet, but there will have to be a link to actors or writers from the Good Wife for me to tell you about them in the future. I’ll tell you more on that possibility in the next post.

Today’s episode is brought to you by no delay. We begin with four people on phones at once talking about various things related to the case against Peter. It turns out that the jury is not actually ready to reach a verdict and want more evidence related to the murder case from earlier. Jason finds evidence that an undetermined sound might have been someone’s ringtone and tells this to Lucca who then tells the judge. Lucca also tells Alicia about Jason figuring that Alicia wouldn’t leave Peter if he were in jail. This leaves Alicia contemplating things such as who she’d rather go home to. She imagines Peter, Jason, and then Will. She seems surprised by her own thoughts and then imagines talking to Will again.

Act two has various evidence/delay tactics being used by Diane’s side to help their case win. Grace wants to stand by her father’s side through this ordeal instead of going to college, something her mother disagrees with. Cary thinks that there was buried evidence regarding the current case that the police might have filed with a then recently closed case.

Act three is more of Peter learning that Eli wants his donors to support Alicia instead of him. He thinks that a divorce might be likely. There is evidence in the old case brought up regarding the bullets, but it proves that Peter did have something to hide.

Act four has more of the case. Peter learns about Grace’s plan to drop out of college to visit him in prison, should he wind up there. After the ballistic evidence is brought up, the prosecution brings Diane’s husband to the stand. This leads to a fight between Diane and Alicia. Alicia convinces Lucca to bring up a possible affair that Diane’s husband might have been having as evidence.

Act five is when the ballistic evidence is thrown out of the case. The prosecutor offers the deal that Alicia wants and Peter takes it. Imaginary Will offers advice of some sort, but it’s hard to make out what the advice is. Alicia calls Jason and he shows up when Peter is announcing his resignation. She runs off when she sees him during this announcement and Peter follows after her. It appears that Jason is gone and Diane appears to slap Alicia, presumably for what she told Lucca to do. Thus the series ends.

That’s a pretty strange way to end the series. There shouldn’t be endings with things left to be desired. And yet, this is what happened. We don’t know after the last scene if Alicia decided to forget Jason and stay with her husband or if Jason is no longer interested and she stays with her husband. Maybe they wanted to keep fans in the dark so they can go with whatever ending they want. That’s probably what they went with. It’s hard to tell why they do that or what it means. But I take it to mean that Alicia didn’t actually want either of them and preferred Will. We just don’t know what her second choice would be. I’ll have to look up fan reaction to this episode to see what they and the critics think.

I’ll have to read Noel Kirkpatrick’s review one last time. Of course, if he’s negative as usual, I don’t know if I’d take it seriously or not. But a negative review would be warranted when you think about it. I don’t know if I’ll think of this as a good finale. But I don’t know if I would go with bad either. I think that I’ll stick with the middle and go with an average finale. I guess that the last scene of the series was meant to bring us back to the very first scene of the series. You will read more about this in my next blog post. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment