Sunday, August 28, 2016

May First 2016’s Episode

You might have been confused by when I first started posting this blog out of order. While I’m not always able to watch in the right order, I had originally planned on posting this episodes this season in the right order until a Christmas episode of Madam Secretary threw me off in a way. While I know that Madam Secretary is a different show with a different blog, I still had it linked into this blog for the most part. Ultimately, when the show ends I’ll figure out how to post the episodes from the rest of this season in a somewhat logical order. I’ll also probably quicken the pace of when I do updates to once a week instead of once a month. We’ll see when and if that works.

In terms of the movies that I’ve been watching, I watched Gosford Park. Now it does come with two commentaries, but I decided not to listen to either one of them as I didn’t like the movie. I replaced it on the list. No other movie watching related to their old movies.

Today’s episode is brought to you by no delay. We begin with the court case of Peter. He has the feeling that the judge on this case hates him. (I’m live blogging today as I’m not able to watch the ABC show that I normally would watch and the FOX shows aren’t on.) There are people at the firm who begin tearing apart some of the building for some odd reason. This show can be more confusing than others. I wonder why the Sunday primetime shows are the most confusing of the nights on TV in terms of content in the show.

Diane seems to be getting grilled in court. They are turning Diane’s firm into an all female firm by the looks of it. That seemed to come out of nowhere and now it’s so important. The construction at the firm is discovered to be a mistake. Diane tries to make the best of this situation by deciding to go to the floor above them. The trial seems to be like a kangaroo court. Louis tells Alicia that Peter is guilty.

Act two has David Lee being shown listening to pretentious music. Was he responsible for the damage to Diane’s firm? I keep calling it Diane’s firm as I honestly can’t remember the name to it anymore as it has changed so freaking much. Alicia is still trying to court Jason, but he doesn’t seem all that interested. It’s possible that Peter had yet another affair. Louis tells Alicia about this and she doesn’t even pretend to be upset over this.

Act three has Alicia telling them information that could help with Peter’s case. She mentions this possible affair to Peter, but he doesn’t want it brought up in court. Diane wants her husband’s help with the case. They bring up something interesting that could help with the case regarding ballistic evidence. Jason doesn’t want to help with Peter’s cases anymore. A witness feels that someone might have fudged the results of something in a way. This throws Diane through a loop and reveals that Cary might be against this side again.

Act four is when Cary testifies. Peter decides whether or not he should say anything on the stand. Jason is convinced that if Peter goes to prison that Alicia will stay married to him. Meanwhile, he feels that if Peter is acquitted then Alicia will divorce him. Diane is tearful with her husband for some odd reason. Alicia tries to brace her husband for cross-examination. It seems to get more personal than it probably should. It seems he does good in the practice round. But then there are problems because of that. Then we have him on stand and it appears that he does well with it.

Act five has more problems at Diane’s firm and they now have the firm on the twenty-seventh floor due to structural problems. Peter waits for the jury verdict and wonders what all should happen. He decides to take a plea deal and spend two years in jail. But the jury has a decision before he can make it official. Will this be a good result for him?

On the last Good Wife that will air next, it won’t be the end, will it? I guess that since it is the last episode, they are making the promo for it vaguer than usual. I remember when How I Met Your Mother didn’t have anything about the last episode revealed in promos for it. But will the finale of The Good Wife be, well, good? Will it be better than good? Will it be average? Will it be bad? Will I ever want to watch the series again? Will I like the show still after its potential bad finale? I still like How I Met Your Mother after its bad finale.


The future of my blog will be revealed soon. After the next episode, the Good Wife will end and all the remaining cast members and its creators will find other jobs. The creators already will be working with Braindead, a drama that will air this summer. After I publish the finale, I will do one more post as a send-off to the show. But it could be a transition post into what the blog will cover from that point forward. Will I end the blog or continue it? We will see. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment