Sunday, August 16, 2020

Politics: The Wrongs’ Push to Redefine Slavery

With the Trump based political posts gone from this blog, it is now time that I introduced the next theme for this blog’s political posts. I am going to do posts that relate to Republicans. I also like to call them the wrong because they aren’t right. Expect these posts in this blog for all the future posts unless or until I state otherwise.

Now there seems to be a common theme among Republicans to redefine words or not admit what words they say actually mean. They just say, “Oh, this bad.” This problem actually exists with the controversial topic of slavery. It can mean different things. In this country, it typically refers to the raced based slavery that was legal in this country. It can also, nowadays, refer to human trafficking or sex based slavery that was never legal and appears in many countries besides just ours. If you had Republicans define it, then it would mean something else entirely to them in this world nowadays.

What do I mean by this? Well, basically, if the Democrats want to pass some sort of legislation that could help advance society in some way, this is decried by the wrong as slavery somehow. Why are they doing this? Well, apparently, if someone is required to get something like social security or Obamacare, they think that this enslaves people in a way. It doesn’t make sense, but it is not supposed to.

I do not know just how much this dumb rhetoric is used. It isn’t that common in my mind. I was not even sure just how much such a topic is used. Have people reading this heard what I was talking about? Don’t Republicans often use arguments trying to change the meaning of what the basic concept of slavery is? And isn’t it dumb? If we were all required to have guns, would that be a form of slavery? I don’t think so.


That’s all for this post as I can’t think of what else I should talk about in this post. Maybe people know what I’m talking about or maybe they don’t. I feel that this is a problem at times for that party as they just don’t understand what words mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment