Wednesday, February 26, 2020

What Good Wife Characters Should Appear on The Good Fight?

This may be a bit of a spoiler, but the news was announced that one of the Good Wife characters was returning to the franchise by joining the cast of The Good Fight in its fourth season. That person is Zach Grenier who played David Lee on the show. He had previously appeared in the first episode of The Good Fight. This does make me wonder, who else should appear on The Good Fight that appeared on the original show? I’m going to stick to just the main characters of The Good Wife and maybe some minor ones as well. This will ignore those who have already done both shows, unless I don’t know who has done both since I’ve only seen the first season of The Good Fight.

Julianna Margulies as Alicia Florrick: It has already been reported that she was offered to appear on the spin-off of the show she was the main star on. It would seem, at first, that she rejected it for rather dumb reasons: not getting enough money for it. That might not actually be the case, but I don’t think that she has yet missed her only chance to be on the show. Maybe she will appear in the future, but I do not believe that she will, even though I want her to.

Josh Charles as Will Gardner: This one is highly unlikely outside of doing a special flashback episode. They probably wouldn’t bring him back for that and he’s more than likely done with the franchise. I’m not even sure that he should have appeared in the last episode of the show as many people seemed to think that it was just weird in some way.

Graham Phillips as Zach Florrick: I don’t think that he acts as much anymore, although we do see him from time to time. I would say that it might be unlikely for some of the Florricks to appear on the show, but he seems least likely of them all. I mean, he doesn’t have much of a story left to tell right now.

Archie Panjabi as Kalinda Sharma: She might be the person that people loved the most and would most want to see on this new show again. But I don’t know if it would make sense narratively based on what we last saw of her in the end before the show was over. Still, it would be nice to see her again at some point in time. Maybe she would need help again or be able to provide help to others. Maybe there is more to her story that would suddenly appear. I would like to see her in the franchise again.

Matt Czuchry as Cary Agos: The one thing making this unlikely at the moment is Matt’s commitment to the FOX show The Resident. He has done only one other thing since the show ended besides that. While I would like to see him again, I can’t imagine him appearing without facing his old allies again in court. Thus, I’m unsure if I want to see him in an adversarial role again as I never liked him that way. If they could get him as an ally, I’d like to see that. But I think that he’s too busy at the moment.

Makenzie Vega as Grace Florrick: She could still do a lot on The Good Fight if they wanted her to. I mean, they did make it seem like she could be a lawyer in the future once The Good Wife ended. Thus, we could see her on either side of the courtroom once enough time has passed to make it seem like this person could have a law degree realistically. I might want her to appear more than anyone else who has not already appeared on this show.

Alan Cumming as Eli Gold: As much as I like both Alan and Eli, this new show doesn’t seem like quite the right fit for him. I would like to see him again, but am unsure what role, if any, he could play on this new show. I would like to see him do another spin-off on The Good Wife or even a spin-off of The Good Fight, but his relatively busy schedule might make that impossible and I don’t know if there’s enough of an interest in more of his character or in a different type of show like that in general. Would Alan want to do such a thing? I guess it wouldn’t hurt to ask, but if anything was to come of it, it likely would have already happened by now. On second thought, since his daughter is on the show, maybe Eli should show up at least once to remind us of that dynamic.

Matthew Goode as Finn Polmar: Never really seen much on the show, he could have some sort of role on The Good Fight, even if it is just a one-off role. But I don’t see one as likely to work. What could they do or give him that would work this time around when nothing seemed to work any other time when he was actually on the show? I don’t see him returning as likely or even something that people would want from others in the end. That’s not to say that I don’t like him. That’s just to say that there would be no real purpose to him returning other than connecting it to the old show.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Jason Crouse: I’m not sure that he has much he could do in the new show outside of being an investigator again. Only I don’t think that Diane or Lucca would want to use him in this show. It is possible that David Lee would want him to investigate if he’s still around in some way that could be used. But I don’t think that he’ll work right now.

The in my opinion judge: I forget this character’s name, but she was one of my favorite characters on the whole show due to how awesome she was, in my opinion. It would only seem natural for those in the new show to see her again. Maybe they will or maybe they won’t. All I know is that they should.

Peter Florrick: Maybe he could appear on the show again if he has some important role that he could play outside of needing legal help again. I don’t know if there is much of a reason that we would want to see him again and am not sure that it would make sense. But it could work if they want to link up with the old show more in some way.

Louis Canning: Michael J Fox’s character was a recurring staple on the main show to enough of a point that I would be disappointed if he doesn’t show up at least once to cause more trouble or do whatever he does best. I am a bit annoyed that they never turned him into a main character. But I would like to see him as a guest on The Good Fight at least once.

Peter’s prosecutor from season 7: Well, we could use more of the final season characters of this show to show up, be it the person who helped snowball certain events forward or be it person who was mainly after Peter. He could be interesting to see again in the show, even under obviously different ways that he would be in the show now.


Well, that’s about all for this post. I enjoy seeing what characters, if any mentioned or any not in this post, would appear on both shows in the end. I would enjoy it and can only hope that more people show up on both shows and that more episodes air for free on CBS. I only hope that I’m able to see them at some point in the end. They are on DVD, right? I hope that I get the show at some point. I guess we’ll see what happens. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment