Friday, March 8, 2019

Politics: Trumps’ Promises NOT Kept

You might wonder when I do random posts of this blog and when I’ll do political posts compared to other random posts. I’m not entirely sure myself when random posts will be and have just with this post started some new theme I might not have done before. See if you can figure out when the random posts of this blog appears each year and if it relates to other blogs at all.

Now let’s get to the official introduction. You see, the theme of Trump’s reelection campaign is “promises made, promises kept.” Honestly, I can’t understand why people think that Trump has been keeping his promise. Well, maybe he’s done the bad stuff that he promised. Not all of the bad stuff, mind you. But I thought that I would post about all sorts of notable promises that he made that he has NOT kept.

Promise one: “I promise to accept the results of the election if I win.” Sure, it came with that one stipulation at the end, but it was an easy promise to accept when he did win. But why does he not accept the fact that he lost the popular vote fair and square? He is certain that people who had voted illegally for Hillary Clinton. There is no evidence of this. It was such a simple thing to do, but he can’t accept his win was due solely due to the Electoral College.

Promise two: term limits. This one is what all promises for terms limits are: empty promises. Not one person who has ever campaigned on term limits nowadays had made the slightest effort to get it done. Maybe Mitch McConnell has proven to be too good an ally for term limits to move in any way forward. But Trump has done absolutely nothing to make term limits law and this has to be something that his base, who was against career politicians who benefit from the lack of term limits, should care about and know he hasn’t delivered on.

Promise three: “…wall… Mexico will pay for it.” This was something that he said a whole lot over and over again. He insisted that Mexico would pay for the border wall. But I think that everyone of us knew that there is no way that Mexico would ever pay for the wall. Why would make sure that a budget would have money for a wall or he’s shutting down the government? It seems like he would not even pretend anymore that Mexico would ever pay for a wall. We endured under him the longest government shutdown in history simply because our country wouldn’t pay for it. Any thoughts that Mexico would pay for it have flown out the window.

Promise four: investigation into Hilary Clinton. I’m more than glad that he never followed through on this one, although I’m sure that his supporters would love it if she went to jail, if only to take the heat off of anything Trump has done. Trump promised to hire a special prosecutor in order to investigate any possible wrongdoing that she did. He never did this. It’s good that he never did such a thing, but this should still irritate his fans.


I’m not sure if there’s more worth adding to this post or not. I could post about Obamacare and how he promised to get rid of it and how that hasn’t happened. But we all know that he tried, yet I’m still surprised that no Republican over such a long amount of time could think of something to replace it and I’m amazed that they only tried to take it away once. I’m not sure if there were any other notable promises that Trump made that he has not kept. But I think that I made good points to anyone who wants to tell off anyone who believes Trump has kept his promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment