Sunday, April 11, 2021

A Crash Course to Downton Abbey

With not much time for me to write the next random post of this blog, I might as well cover this subject some since it is important to this blog. What all does one need to know about this show? And how does it factor into the movie that came out later? Well, let’s get to it.

There were six series to it. Some may call it season instead of series. But they call it something different in the UK. The first series covered the sinking of the Titanic. The second covered World War I, the Marconi scandal, and the pandemic at the time. The third covered Irish independence. The fourth covered the Teapot Dome scandal. The fifth covered the 1923 British election and the Beer Hall Putsch. The sixth covered the interwar period.

All of the show covered an aristocratic family and their servants. The final season included hints at the decline of aristocracy in general. The movie was set sometime after it. There could be a sequel to this at some point in time. Series two and five also had Christmas specials ending it. It is possible that all of them end with a Christmas special, but it is hard to tell without watching it. I have not yet seen the series, but do plan to watch it. In fact, it has been on my list of things to watch since last year, but I have not yet started watching it yet due to a variety of factors.

That’s all that I can think of for this post. Since there is nothing planned for this blog in terms of random posts that do not talk about politics in some way (barring the death of someone focused in this blog), then I should hopefully have more movie reviews planned in the future since I’ll have time to do them before it comes out. I have the two existing Kingsman movie review posts written, but I won’t put them in this blog until the prequel comes out at some point in the future. The same can be said of any other factors as well. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment