Saturday, April 11, 2020

The Good Wife Season 6 Review

There aren’t that many more seasons to review for this blog, but I might as well get to doing the next one in line since there isn’t much else that I can currently blog about. I’ll get to reviewing this season. Is it as good as some people say? Well, let’s see.

Before I continue with the normal post, I should do an extra note on how important the sixth season is to this blog. If you look back through the horribly disorganized posts of this blog on episodes, you will notice that this show was in its sixth season when I started blogging about it. Thus, this season was a bit special in terms of this blog in ways that other ones weren’t, save for maybe the final season.

Season 6 overview: Alicia runs for state’s attorney in this season. Cary deals with issues relating to a drug charge against him. This is the last season for Kalinda as she gets written off of it towards the end, last appearing in the season finale. This is the last major season for Zach as he doesn’t have much to his story in the future seasons. Finn also doesn’t appear again after this season.

How this season was different from others: Even with the storyline where Will wasn’t able to practice law for a while, this is the first time that we see major legal problems for one of the other lawyers. The election that Alicia ran in took up a lot of the season and it lead to an affair with her campaign manager. I noticed them doing a storyline on a 3D printed gun long before such a thing made news later. In fact, it might have been before such a thing was actually possible in reality.

What made it good: Parts of the election storyline were fun to watch, such as the festive courthouse shooting or the debate relating into the black lives matter movement. It didn’t seem to me that they had bad ideas for plots or were running out of material to use.

What made it bad: Alicia running for state’s attorney took up a lot of the plot of the season, but it went nowhere in the end as even though she won, she never served due to allegations of voter fraud. I hated how the Cary subplot came out of nowhere and occupied most of the first half of the season. Since there was a cliffhanger leading into this season, it was quite annoying to me to ignore it in the first episode of the season until it was brought up at the very end. A lot of the episodes seemed to have very little, if anything, to it, as we spent too much time out of the courthouse on non-plots serving the basis of a lot of episodes throughout the season. The episode where Alicia couldn't talk, for instance, wasn't any good as it had nothing to it.

More thoughts: In my mind, this was hands down the worst season of the show. So much of it was just awful and hard to put up with in some places. There were some standout episodes here and there, but a lot of them. The plots were terrible and hard to deal with at times. I can still try to find some good in it, but it is hard. Finn left without having much of an impact on the show at all. There wasn’t much of a good explanation as to what happened with Zach later. All I know is that it was good in my mind when this season was over in the end as too much of it just didn't work.


Those were my thoughts in the sixth season of the show. Do you agree or disagree? Whoever does the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes gave this a 100% rating, the best one out of all of them. Yet I think that this season sucked a whole lot as it just wasn’t that good to me. At least it wouldn’t be that bad to see again if I did watch the whole series again from start to finish. I don’t yet know if I’ll ever do that or not. But this was the downer point of the series for me. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment