Friday, April 12, 2019

The Good Wife season 4 review

Well, it’s that random time again. I’m going to now post my review of the fourth season of The Good Wife by posting all the thoughts that I learned from reading about the season by reading the Wikipedia page on it. So let’s get to doing the recap and review of the show’s season in question.

Season 4 overview: This season largely focused on Peter’s run for governor. There were some other focuses on it as well. For one, Cary started seeming like a person that I wanted to see in the show again. I don’t think that they focuses as much on Kalinda as they otherwise could have. I forget if they brought her husband as a subplot on this show yet this season. Different threads were set up for the future.

How this season was different than others: It did focus more on Peter than all of the other seasons that I remember. It didn’t seem to have as much to it as other of the seasons did, but it wasn’t missing much either.

What made it good: It was nice seeing all the Will and Alicia romance going down. The election subplots proved to be interesting and provided a nice dynamic into what was going on in the rest of the show.

What made it bad: A lot of the timeline was messed up. I was really annoyed that they thought that Illinois would have a gubernatorial election in 2012 when we elect our governors during midterm elections. Plus, the primary episode aired after November and the general election episode wasn’t on until the season finale in April, all of which was more around 2013 in the airing schedule.

More thoughts: I’m not sure that I have strong feelings about this season one way or the other. What I do know is that I might rank it more in the middle in terms of what type of quality it had compared to the other seasons. It wasn’t the best and was far from the worst. Basically, it would have been better if more of the plots related to the main characters instead of Peter.


That’s about it for this special post. I hope that I did a good representation of the season as I know that I can’t remember it as well even with the ability to read what had happened on it online. I’m sure that I’m missing a lot of what happened. But at least I can write this post. I’m not sure when the next random post will be, but I can only hope that it will be about the movie The Upside. I can make no promises that I’ll be able to see it soon after it is released to DVD, but I can only hope that I’ll make a good blog post about it. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment