Friday, November 9, 2018

The Good Wife season 2 review

I don’t yet know when you’ll be seeing this in the future or if you’ll see it at all. But you should probably see it at some point in the future. Am I writing random filler? I guess. Now I had done the review of season one of this show a while ago. What is the next thing to do? Well, the second season makes sense. Let’s see if I can do a good post of this blog now.

Season 2 overview: In this season, we were introduced to Michael J Fox’s character for the first time. He made a good foil to the main ones. We learn that Kalinda had an affair with Peter towards the end of the season which affects her relationship with Alicia for a bit. Peter runs for office again and wins it after a long battle.

How this season was different than the others: Cary becomes an antagonist in a way since he winds up fighting against Alicia over and over again. He stays that way for quite some time until they wind up working together again later. The main subplot of this season was Peter getting office again. We often saw more issues with judges than we have seen in the past.

What made it good: It seemed to have a good way of separately the cases of each of the episodes and the recurring plot throughout the whole season. Peter’s redemption was a major point to this season and it seemed to work out well. While I don’t like what happened with Zach’s character, at least they started to flesh through what had happened with him and his relationships.

What made it bad: While hardly the worst season, it didn’t seem that good to me. The election plot was long and drawn out. I wondered why it was a three way race, only to make it a two way race towards the end. Kalinda having an affair with Peter seemed like a very unnecessary thing to put in there and only seemed to be more of a false conflict, where it didn’t add as much drama as it could have. I also didn’t like that a lot of the clients are or were found guilty of crimes.

More thoughts: Overall, this season had the show building steam on its way to being a better show later down the line, but not right away. It will still be a better show in later seasons, but not yet. It is hard to tell much about it in the long run compared to the other seasons, but I think that putting it in the middle of the road makes the most sense at this point in time.


That is all that I can really think of for this post. I can’t think of any more to think about. I might be able to do better recaps if and when I’m able to watch this show again if I had it on DVD. Still, I hoped that you enjoyed this post and I’ll be back at the usual time (probably) with the next post. Don’t expect another random post this year. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment