Tuesday, April 11, 2017

What Other Characters Could Have a Spin-off?

As I’m starting to write this post, I don’t yet know if I’ll even post it in the future as I’m not sure if I’ll end up with a good time to post this. I don’t know what potential changes could happen in this blog or not. I guess that we’ll see. But I do hope that you like this post, in the event that I do end up doing it. You may see occasional random posts from time to time if I can come up with more ideas. You’ll never know when they might appear. So be on the lookout for them. I just hope that I can come up with some of them for the future.

First, I’m just going to mention that potentially anyone in the Florrick family is probably not going to be featured on the show again. Peter has met his natural end story wise and I doubt that they could get any notable plots for Zach or Grace. I don’t know if I could make a case for all the other characters or not. Some may be more likely than others, so I might as well start mentioning some.

I don’t know if I’ve ever said this before or not, but my favorite character from The Good Wife would undoubtedly have to be Eli. His crazy ways and idiosyncrasies make him a character that I feel would best benefit from having a spin-off. After all this time being stuck with Peter, a perpetually failed candidate, he could move to a new state and get a fresh start with some other person. If The Good Fight can keep the courtroom aspect of The Good Wife, maybe a show that has Eli could continue the political aspects of the original show. Of all the characters that I’m going to mention, his could be the only one that could actually happen.

Let’s mention Kalinda next. I don’t know if this could happen considering how Archie Panjabi wanted to leave the show. But her character could come back in some way. Maybe she’s helping people in whatever new place she’s at with her new identity. Or they could do a prequel series from long before she started helping Lockhart Gardner. I’m not that fond of her character, though. Maybe we are better off without her anyways since she brings confusion with her all the time.

One may wonder if Will is even worth mentioning in this post. His character was the only one that was killed off throughout the run of the show. But they could still do a prequel to his time starting out at Lockhart Gardner or even sooner than that. Since Josh Charles wanted to leave the show, one would wonder if he would even come back for this type of show anyways.

I’m honestly not sure if I like Cary all that much. This was probably mostly due to his time spend fighting Alicia in court constantly. I forget exactly what his departure in the show was. Wasn’t he retiring? If he was done with law at the end of the show, it wouldn’t make sense for his story to continue. Of course, it could be a prequel series, but I don’t think that would work either since he was new to law in the first season, if I’m remembering correctly. Maybe it would work or maybe not.

The end of the show left a lot of questions regarding Jason and whether or not he stayed with Alicia. He could appear again in a series that addresses those issues. If he didn’t end up with her or did briefly, only to break up, then he could appear as a PI investigating other cases. He could retain his loner appeal, which would suit him best anyways. Or, this could be a series set before his time on The Good Wife. There were six seasons of the show without him that they could address in a new show. It could be an interesting show regarding him for the future.

A spin-off featuring David could potentially work, but it might not. They never seemed to have that much to his character in the main show and I don’t think that there would be more they could do with him. If I had to guess, I’d say that this probably won’t work. Plus, they have him enough of him on the current show that it won’t matter now anyways. Maybe later.

If you ask me, Finn got a short end of a stick with his time on the show. All he did was come on the show to replace Will and he was never really given that much, except as more competition to Alicia’s side (as if we haven’t already had enough of that throughout the whole show). Honestly, they could bring back his character in some capacity for a spin-off, although I’m not sure if it would work. It was hard to get much of a story from his character so I don’t think that he’ll come back at all.

You might wonder at the moment if there is a point in doing a show about Lucca. She is a main character in The Good Fight. I don’t see any reason why she wouldn’t last all the way until the last episode of that show is made. But she could still have her own show sometime after that. There’s a lot that they could do with her and you’d think that if The Good Fight ended, they could potentially do a show with her. I guess that we’ll see over time what more could happen with her.


There’s not much else to this blog post that I can think of adding. I might want to make some fan fiction regarding some other character other than Diane having their own show if I can think of one. (I was planning on doing this for some of the people in NCIS, but I haven’t done much regarding that. I need to write more fan fiction in general. I use the same name for this blog that I do for my fan fiction account.) Sorry if I got sidetracked there. I will share any Good Wife fan fiction that I do make, should I ever do that. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment